The year 2014 was a year of many new things (new place, work, the baby, etc.). Because of greater responsibilities this past few months, it has become impossible for me to post here regularly. I foresee this situation persisting into the immediate future. Does this mean goodbye then? Not at all. There will be fewer lengthy posts. But I will make up for this by keeping the blog updated with more concise commentaries, embedded films, poems, and quotations at least twice a month. So without further ado a happy New Year, comrades!
P.S. Here are the 10 best and most popular Hello.Lenin! posts from 2014 (in chronological order):
- Komposo ni Rodielyn sa Tacayan by Sheila
- Maleficent: Retelling an Old Tale Anew
- Adventures in a Miracle Art Museum in Cordova, Cebu
- Ilustrado: A Fragmented View from the Apex of Privilege
- The Political is Personal: Roque Dalton’s Poetry
- Mindanao: Healing which Past? Building the Future for Whom? by Sheila
- The Naked Truth: Beyond the Discriminatory Portrayal of Women
- Marcos and BS Aquino: The Dictator and the Wannabe
- Avante-Garde Poetry in the Time of Crisis and Resistance: Ambil by E. San Juan, Jr.
- Christmas: A Capitalist Story